Sunday, November 24, 2019

I love my scraps


This is kinda the pineapple idea for my gift


Along with this
I think the recipient will like it. 

I know I would


Cleaned up an area and wanted a little mindless sewing

Found a long cutoff strip of batting
And around the same size piece of fabric from the quilt show bag


Put them together
And grabbed my strip pile container and stitched and flipped to make a long piece.
I then trimmed the sides even and it said to me it wanted to be a bag......





And 3 mugrugs
Not bad for stuff some would throw away

Unfortunately the string container doesnt show a dent.......just made a little breathing room for the overflowing strips


As I was sewing nilly willy on this I thought of all the cool things I could make

Zip bags of all sizes
Mugrugs
Join a few qayg style for placemats 
Or runners
Even a cute tote bag
Potholders
Pillow 

A fast way to use up scraps. 
I used scraps of fabric cutoffs and strings
I even used partial pieced section
Batting cutoffs 
Binding scraps

Scraps make me happy 

I think i will gather all my mugrugs and put them in a basket in the mailroom for people to take as a merry Christmas from me

A good way to play in my stash
And put a smile on someone

If you remember my last play day i pieced squares and made 3 mugrugs too
I know i made a ton throughout the year. 
Hoping for at least 20 or so



1 comment:

  1. You are so good at making small gifts--(zippers and I are not on speaking terms lol). Cute pineapple...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete