Sunday, September 1, 2019

Why? That is the question.....


Ever wonder why you have ufos?
What stalls that project?
Is it lack of fabric?
I need to add to my solids for sure


Maybe it is we grow tired of it or lack ideas for the next step


Maybe we just cant find the right color or shade to finish 


Maybe we get stumped in the design process.  I need to paint beach grass on this slate for hubs and i am having a problem with it


Or life happens and time is not available.
This was taken many moons ago 
Baking a cake for their mamas birthday with Grammie. Love my grandsons who are young men now 


Or squirrels force us to "do this now"
Not sure why we "get the call " but a little voice says sew this....it will be ok.....no one will know.....it will be fun.....we wont get caught Lol


Dunkin and I were discussing just this subject. He is a very intellectual cat and smart as all get out.
Is too is too! 




He is very attentive to detail and tells it like it is 

Do you ever wonder the why? 
Why cant i finish this?
Why cant i find that perfect green?

I found something interesting about my projects when I looked at them this way.
Seems i have mostly issues finding backings.
I use scraps for front and then when on the homestretch i have nothing for the back. 

What holds you back? Inquiring minds wanna know.........

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is all too familiar--[as she is working on snowballs backing]..I get stuck, stymied, lost, and just stop...sometmes I just don't like how it looks [uh, nothing like what I had pictured in my mind]
    or just tire of how it's put together (don't like a lot of seam x-ings or triangles much either)
    so, I have a drawerful of false starts and a closet of things waiting to be bound or backed or both...you can hear me mumbling (as I don't have a lovely Dunkin to listen to my whining!!) to myself most days....
    hope your weekend is going well hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I was thinking about this while I have been semi procrastinating. I have one quilt that has a ton of points to pin, but if I finished I could pull up another old project and start. Sometimes for me it is just I hate sewing borders. Or I stall out thinking about how to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes think I have too many projects going and don't know where to start. I think Dunkin is helping you sort out your projects. Such a smart kitty!

    ReplyDelete