Thursday, June 4, 2020

What next?


Have I finished any projects?
Nope
Have I started something? 
Well sort of......
With covid and stresses related to it
And now protesters all over the city
I decided to stress sew.

I picked the 2.5 inch bucket
Pulled whitish and black squares
And made 4 patches

They would make a cute border for a small project

When i ran out of those i pulled fall colors


And made 4 patches
About 17 of them before I had to go to work


Stress sewing...
After texting brother who has shingles again near his eye. I feel so  bad for him. 

And niece who wants to peacefully protest
But nearby towns had riots and fires and i dont want her there

Makes me sick. 

Do you stress sew? I dont even know what I am making.
Just sewing to keep busy 
And pray that this messed up world heals 





5 comments:

  1. I stress clean. Or work outside. Away from all types of media, news, social media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, turn off the media. A stroll outside helps. I don't stress sew, but found I have worked more with bright colors during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now i also stress sew--with me it's either postage stamp squares or strip piecing.
    [I feel like things are spiraling out of control rapidly...]
    Soooo, sew, sew, sew.....or quilt by hand...
    That's what I am doing....
    hugs from afar--stay safe now Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, sewing is so calming. I think that's why I'm making such great progress on my pineapples. I'm also reading books more. Anything to get my mind off what's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying with you. It's a mess everywhere and I'm feeling so hopeless. Trying to shake it and focus on happier things but it sure is getting tough to do. Here's hoping for a better weekend.

    ReplyDelete