Wednesday, June 10, 2020

How do you lift your own spirits?


When you are feeling down, how do you lift your spirits?
Do you go shopping?
Buy something extravagant?

Do you work on a new quilt?

I have been working more to get through thinking about things
Some thinking is good
Dwelling is not
So i decided to Clean out some old dark colors and replace with brighter ones


Out buffalo plaid shower curtain

In with a spring green  cheerier one


I even got the bathroom beads in green and my favorite scent......
Pine
Ah.....outdoors gal that I am



Look how professional looking my photo
Is getting 
LOL


A little staging I guess goes a long way.

What do you do to lift yourself?
We all need hints and tips these days

Have you lifted anyone today?
Including You?







6 comments:

  1. Good idea to lighten up the house a bit. Sometimes little changes help lift the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changing table toppers and re-arranging little pieces helps me...I don't have too many "what-nots" but staging them in new places seems to boost my spirits..
    Writing out thoughts in my journal helps me also...
    walking clears my mind a lot....
    Stay safe and keep being careful Julierose
    P.S. You lift my spirits girl;)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'n not a knick-knack person, but I am so tired of brown paneling, brown rugs, brown furniture. I love the look of Country Cottage - lite, bright, white, with just a pop of soft color. My next house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing what a big difference even small changes can make. And color is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's nice to change things up. It gives you a new perspective which is what we need right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to bring cut roses in from my garden. I like decorating my fireplace mantle and rotating a quilt onto the back of my sofa. I also like to play in my scraps--sometimes just sorting them makes me happy. Yesterday, I did ALL my blues. It took all day! But I learned a lot! My blues consisted of: aqua blue, turquoise, cerulean, true blue, blue violet. Interesting to learn and know the difference!

    ReplyDelete