Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Pineapples


Pineapples 
Need to pick one project and get er done
This will be mine once i get the borders on
And figure out the quilting
It may be hand done with what i had envisioned 
We will see
I also have a strawberry one to finish
They are both similar so I should do both at the same time 


As i was straightening up I found these
I inherited crocheted hankies
I do not remember who did them
I had some my Dad's mom, my Aunt Mary, my Mom ,my Aunt Jo who could have made them
I have always wanted a hanky quilt of some sort 

Undecided to use whole 
Or make butterflies etc with them


Look how pretty they are


This one has crocheted butterfly on it
Beautiful labor of love 
Thst i want to do justice for 
My kids won't appreciate but my nieces will

Any ideas for hanky quilts?
Applique to plain squares?
How to quilt?
Inquiring minds wanna know

3 comments:

  1. Do a pillow that the hankies look like envelopes, all the lovely edges would show and showcase the lovely corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would applique them onto matching fabric leaving the crocheted parts loose (well maybe a few holding little stitches) and make a tabletopper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like to use the crochet hankies in quilts - it is rough wear on the threads (I have fixed a few vintage). Either as pillow tops or ends on a fabric center table runner.

    ReplyDelete