Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Pizza on the grill



Doesn't this look good?

I usually make it a little thinner crust but the heat and dough just rose up

It was sooooo good



It is made with wheat dough I got at grocery store
You could make your own in a bread maker 

If you have never tried it you have to 

Only a few rules
1. Grill must be 500 and hot
2. Dough must be well oiled so it doesnt stick
Some people oil the grill grates before heating
3 your ingredients must be ready to go
Toppings need to be precooked


I precooked peppers and onion
Rich had sausage
I put my grill cover down till it reached 500

I had my sauce, cheese and toppings ready near grill
I grabbed my raw dough. Stretched a rough circle  of the oiled dough coating it with my oiled hands
Plopped it in the grill and shut the cover 

After a minute i checked on it
See if the bottom is cooked
Once it is cooked, its ready to flip 
Add sauce and toppings
And cheese and i picked fresh basil behind me in the garden
Shut the top again and once cheese is melted it is ready

Yum
Quick easy delicious dinner
I paid 2 bucks for my dough
Got sauce and mozzarella 
Easy peasy.
I still have dough to make another tonight

Ooooo wish i had taco leftovers
I love a good taco pizza

My sis in law sets up a table of toppings
And her family and friends make their own pizza
Its quick
2 can be done at once
Everyone gets their fav
Easy dinner

Have you tried it on your grill?

3 comments:

  1. Your pizza looks yummy. Never tried that on the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea--I've never done pizza that way...
    looks so delish...hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza looks delish. I'm starving now. Thanks :) I haven't tried it but it sounds simple enough.

    ReplyDelete