Saturday, June 6, 2020

2020 sucks


Did I say that out loud???
Yes 2020 sucks and a few other bad words but I cant say them because we need the soap to wash our hands and not my mouth

I decided to let out my stress again by sewing.
Let me say I LOVE this bag
I have always wanted to try one and its fiddly and you need to pay attention 
Ask me how a 20 min bag turned into 2 hr

Its tiny...i started with quilted pieces 3.5x5
And was going along great
Then WHAM. 2020 s evil spell hit me and i sewed the tabs on the inside 
Of course you dont find out until you are done and turn the bag

So rippit. Rippit




But it was worth it
This was a scrap that was headed for the 2.5 bucket because the print was weird
Watermelon with seed print with a florally watermelony border
Like what do you make with that?



A cute little keychain bag
Of course



Dunkin was making sure the cutting area was supervised
Just in case wrists were involved.

The problems of 2020 are not gone
And I am truly blessed
But news lately from everywhere sucks.
Deaths of beloved pets
Illnesses causing pain
Riots and destruction
Joblessness
Homes being lost 


I can say i cannot imagine the pain endured by Jesus as he hung on the cross

I can only say how thankful I am for his sacrifices and for the freedom to ask God to comfort us all in this chaos 

Was watching a youtube on making orange pineapple icecream and she said something that will be my new mantra

With all the evil in the world,  we need lots of LIGHT 
she said did you lift anybody up today?

I am going to try and lift somebody every day no matter what is going on

Evil will NOT win



5 comments:

  1. What cute little bags--they do look wonderful...nice work, Dawn...hugs from afar Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that 2020 is a crappy year so far. Let's just hope it gets better. I love the cute little bags. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you're hurting. It's not been a good year at all, I agree. All we can do is make a little joy in our own sewing rooms and endure. Things will get better because people are good and we all want happy lives--that's what I'm holding onto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Dawn, thank you!
    Let your light shine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new mantra! Love the little bag. These will make nice gifts for your family.

    ReplyDelete