Friday, July 19, 2019

Small and big


These are some 1.5 squares


Waiting to become these. 

Some cute tree mugrugs
I quilted kind of a blustery snowy windy pattern on them.
I like it.
I have a few more to sew up and quilt up. Then I will grab my greens and make binding and get them done. 
The BIG version of this is the table topper of 2.5 squares I made 


Also while playing in the greens I made this.
It is the 5 inch half hexie version of Jennys tutorial 
Jacky had made me the larger one which I put on my table each year. i LOVE it 
I wanted to see how the small version would be since I am on a big-small kick lately 
Fast easy and adorable 
I could not ask for more

And it came out of
Tiny scraps to boot.
Who doesnt have Christmassy scraps hanging around?

The greens for the tree were just there
And i didnt have a tiny star pattern so used my template for my 2.5 tumbler and 
Adjusted the seam in the center to get it flat.
Now I just need a circle to finish

Decisions.....red with yellow to mimic a poinsettia
Red like the rest?
Fussy cut a poinsettia?

Inquiring minds 
Want to know

What would you do????

3 comments:

  1. Red with yellow to mimic poinsettia for me!! I think it
    would be so cute that way...Love the snowy day quilting--just perfect, Dawn.
    i am about to go to get ready cooked food for the upcoming HOT weekend we have in store for us...
    chicken wings, cold cuts, cole slaw --and i will make 3-bean salad...stay cool now...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would choose a yellow center too. You're making such cute gifts. Stay cool this weekend. Figures I have to work all day Saturday.

    ReplyDelete