Thursday, July 18, 2019

I get by with a little help from my friends


You know when you need a certain fabric
Or trim or pasta?
And your friend comes thru for you ?


These are giving me more trouble than I thought 

I bought bow pasta
I bought elbows....wrong kind. They are the fat casserole ones
I bought penne.    Too thin for the body
Needed rigatoni 
I got a different one for her hair

I am not Italian so am not familiar with the different pastas available.....


Enter friend...
She goes come on over and see what I have
So I did
And we traded
And I am trying again

I want to get the bodies glued and ready for paint
Do you have a friend who has your back?
I do. I am lucky


Much better bodies


And arms so cute


Look at the skinny one on the left 
She may look off when I get then 
Beads for the head
Or maybe she will look like a younger angel
Time will tell

These are almost ready for the white paint
I will spray a bunch of them
Then work on the details of the face etc
To make them purty.....


I also moved this a little further along
As I wait for my yellow border fabric
My stash yellows are too pale and just didnt work
I am loving this pineapple runner
Good thing I made two
Because one has my name on it for sure

What are you working on? 
Is it for Christmas?
Or are you just finishing UFOs?
Or maybe just quilting because you like that pattern.






3 comments:

  1. Oh your little pasta angels are coming together so well...what fun!!
    Your pineapple looks great with that gingham border, too..
    I am STILL on legos and snowballs--quite a ride..but enjoying it for the most part
    [ummm not finding that stupid error tho'--]
    Stay cool now--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little pasta angels. They're so cute! Love the pineapple too! I'm still plodding along with my 3 or 4 projects. I lost count!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pasta angels are sweet. No sewing hiking, and driving.

    ReplyDelete