Friday, July 5, 2019

12 days of Christmas in July


Jacky as you know is my quilting buddy.
We talk quilting most mornings as we are both up early.

This morning she gave me a challenge
12 days of Christmas in July 
Make one small project each day for 12 days in July.


I started out the morning saying to myself I wasnt going to sew
I was going to rest my eye

Then Jacky says we should make a zippy bag
So I go yeah that will be a good little project 

Sooooooooooo
I gathered up small fall colored scraps and made a coin purse 


Then I had a bigger piece of one of the fabrics so I pieced it to make a larger bag


More piecing and cleaning and a tote was born


Teeny pieces became 2 mugrugs


See? Even the binding was scrappy and leftovers


I decided that these would make a cute gift set so into the giftbox they go.........

Christmas in July
101. Haha

Hope your 4th was fun

The kicker? I figured I could slack a day or two since I made FOUR gifts!
um nope
SHE IS TOUGH.    ha ha

Have a knitted project for tomorrow.....

2 comments:

  1. Really cute ones, Dawn--that Jackie sure craps the whip!!lol
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete