Saturday, July 16, 2022

More trees


I now have 3 and 1 ready to sew

The green here looks blue

So far I am liking these but I need more fall colors

More reds and oranges

I figure if I sew one or two blocks here and there I will have 80 or so by fall

A pretty lap quilt for cool crisp nights

What are you working on?

What am I supposed to work on?

Anything I want lol

Today is a tough day
Hubs birthday
And tomorrow is one grandsons birthday

A bittersweet time

June and July are tough
My Gram, my mom passed in those months
My friends deceased 8 year Olds birthday July 3
Hubs birthday 16th
Then mid Aug moms birthday

The summer months I get a little blue

But I need to remember the fun times and not just dates of death
They all were an important part of my life
And great memories were made
Sitting outside planting flowers and crocheting with Gram

Canning with Mom

And that little boy was like my son
I made him and Richard matching shorts and bought them both purple tees
As his Dad was out of the picture and he looked up to Richard
He would do karate kicks in his yard and wave to Rich as he passed on his way to get lunch from work
Sweet sweet boy 
He left too soon at 8 of a brain aneurysm
Hardest day ever for a young mom of 26 to bear
She never had any more children

Our journey on this earth can be short or long
So cherish each day

And don't sweat the small stuff









 

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks are really looking beautiful Dawn;)))
    Months that recall loved ones that have gone on ahead can be really tough!! Both my parents' birthdays are in August and my godfather's too--but my granddaughter will be 9 August 25th so that makes me happy...hugs and good thoughts for you Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do what you want. Sometimes putting other things aside, helps because you get bored.

    ReplyDelete