Monday, July 11, 2022

More switchplate blocks


As I was taming scraps and cutting squares to replenish my bins I was left with strips 

So any that were 1.5 got cut 3.5 long
If there were less than 4 of them they became centers
They were paired up and pinned


Then one sitting of pedal to the metal sewing and 18 more blocks were born


Still not sure how I will set them 

Bit I know I probably only have 100 to 120 of them
They are 3.5 x 5.5 to finish 3x5 so it will take a few lol

15 in a row is about 45 inches of the 3 inch side
11 rows down is about 55
So for a lap size at least 165 are needed

I was going to start making rows but wanted the colors spread out

It seems like every sewing results in certain colors

 

2 comments:

  1. It's funny how that just seems to happen with colors isn't it? You start out with one you like and then--bam!! Other ones just seem to grow out of it!!
    I like the alternating setting a lot--i haven't seen one like that before...you are on a real roll with these...hugs, Julierose;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your switch plate blocks are multiplying.

    ReplyDelete