Friday, July 15, 2022

Aboretum


I have always had bright fabrics that I never knew how to use

Wanda of Exuberant Color is who I want to be when I grow up. Lol
She is making this aboretum quilt using springleaf design pattern and I fell in love





I used a bunch of very bright tree or leafy fall colors 

Then you cut in half. Then slits at angles and sew 1 inch strips in for the tree branches

Afterwards they will all be pressed ad trimmed

So far I am loving it
She makes some high contrast and some low contrast
I am hoping I have enough brights now to make between 80 and 100 blocks

I think I have about 30 now cut so almost halfway
I am using Kaffe, Batiks, and anything  in bold prints or fall colors

Trying to pull in more greens too


A fun new project to light a fire in my sewing

I am liking the happy colors 
I need a little happy 

Don't we all?


 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely fabrics for your Arboretum, Dawn!! We sure do need all the "happy" we can get these days...
    TGIF is a "happy", too;))))
    Hoping your weekend will be a good one
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete