Wednesday, July 27, 2022

I go a walkin....after midnight


Here is one of my tomato plants

I had decided to plant it in the flower bed to see if the varmints would leave it be

Silly girl I am right
One can only hope

The ones in taller pots the deer are eating
The smaller pots the bunny eats
Hoping they leave this one for me


I did a walk around to see what needs to be done outside
With Richs celebration in June
And July being a bad month mentally it needs attention
My roses are pretty 
even among the weeds


I love them 
So pretty and cheerful


And mom is saying hi

This lily is smack in the center of an autumn sedum
I don't dare move it as each year it's blooms are amazing 
I don't want to jynx or kill it


Even in the weeds it's showing its beauty


The rose of Sharon my brother chopped is still huge and the weeds at the back steps need to be taken out


And look

Yes look closer st the brown spot in the back

Yes it's bugs bunny

He is down near the tomatoes and herbs waiting for me to leave so he can order lunch

My whole container of about 15 kale plants
GONE
no kale soup for me this year

I will buy kale and freeze it

Grrrrrrr
Who knew bunnies work out and eat healthy?

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh the bunnies feast around here too--I tell you --wildlife here is voracious!! I love that lily--such a pretty color!! Mine are all eaten up boooo!!;000
    Anyway, a bit cooler this morning thankfully
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many animals out there this year. I have a woodchuck in my back yard with a never ending hunger for my plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of those table type raised beds might be your only hope or even putting the pots up on a table so they aren't bunny height.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My tomatoes are on the porch, only safe place, except for squirrels. Perhaps next year I will be fighting varmints too?

    ReplyDelete