Tuesday, December 1, 2020

On the 12th day of christmas


Today is Dec 1
The start of my 12 days where i live
Headbands and pillows 


Towels and potholders


And other fun gifts will be wrapped
Addresses will be picked out of a hat
And they will be left in the mailroom
For a Christmas surprise for someone
Just a little 12 day fun

Last year my heart melted when a group of residents decided to get together for a small dinner and celebrate christmas because of my gifts
They said they wanted to pay it forward
One person even sought me out and made me a beautiful crocheted candle.
I didnt sign  who the gifts were from
Just said merry christmas from a neighbor

Maybe she saw me put them in the mail room daily?
Not sure but i heard there were many smiles when they got a package

Do you do any secret santa projects?
My gifts dont cost a lot
Just time and thought 
I have hats and bags and kitchen towels and other small things
Its as much fun for me as it is for them.
I hear thru the grapevine how people reacted and it warms my heart

A small gesture to tell fellow man That they matter and you care
Isnt that the kind of world we want to live in?

 

3 comments:

  1. It sure is, Dawn...you are definitely an "old soul" and warm-hearted....I give a few secret Santa gifts--but generally throughout the year more...
    Hugs, Julierose
    ("O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
    How lovely are thy branches...")
    Your 12 days have helped me get into the spirit this year..What a lovely gift...;))) hugs from far away Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet gift ideas, and I am sure there are many people who don't receive much, or anything especially as they get older. I usually choose a couple of kids of an Angel tree for a specific organization....these kids their parents are in prison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice gifts! You are the sweetest person. You're so generous with your time and your gifts.

    ReplyDelete