Thursday, December 24, 2020

I'll be home for Christmas


Hubs is home

We have a new routine.
He is currently off all insulin

Trying to help his neuropathy
Having protein more often
Found it in water and also in instant oatmeal for him

Checking his blood more often
Eating food more often

So i get food ready for him before i go to work

Coffee in a thermos
Sandwhich and crackers nearby
Cola in case he needs a quick boost

Call from work to check his blood

Lots more work before and after i go to work so we need to evaluate and see how this will work long term

Not sure if we will need people in full time or if i cut my hours or how we will navigate this new normal 

For now he can sing I'll be home for Christmas 
And it feels good 

 

4 comments:

  1. Pleased to hear he is at home...that is quite a schedule to maintain...hope all proceeds well for you both...
    Hugs and prayers Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness... just read down your last few posts... I felt how overwhelming this must have been and am relieved that you have dh home again. I don't have words except to say I shared it with you and sometimes that has to be enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good news! With my Dad, I put together little snack packs so it made it easier to just grab/eat/remember and Boost drink worked well for him. Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn. I was searching for this post and so happy that it is good news. Prayers that there is an easy solution for your new routine.

    ReplyDelete