Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Gifts from work


Work is crazy
They spend so much money on Christmas its nuts

We get beautiful flowers delivered the day before

Then a huge gift with giftcards and presents 

This year was a beautiful vera bradley bag
Nice enough right?
Nope
It had makeup and skincreams and about 400.00 in gift cards

I know.
Crazy. But here is the thing.
One year we got fancy wines.hubs and i dont drink and someone was a recovering alcoholic
Not good

One year we got luggage
I dont travel 
One year pajamas.um i dont want my boss to guess my size or style of Pajamas0

See what i mean? They should stick to money or giftcards

Am I just being a crabby old lady?


My flowers are in my bathroom locked up because the cat eats them 

The makeup and creams will go to nieces
And one giftcard  is  for a massage so that will probably be given away too

The gifts are not for me
I love the bag.
Am i ungrateful?
I just think its over the top and a waste on their part
I wonder how many others give theirs away too 
I will get the bill in jan to pay and when i see what they spend on things its crazy

My last company gave visa cards or money
It was well received by all




Made some stove towels for the giftbox
For the 12 days in my park 


Loving the printed ones

Feels good to sew a little bit here and there




 

3 comments:

  1. You are not wrong in your assessment. A visa card or cash would be much more useable by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are gorgeous. Wine, personal gifts, maybe not such an awesome idea. I wonder if they hire a company to put together gifts for their workers because they are trying to be more personal. Gift cards are a good idea always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree--gift cards would be the way to go--that way everyone can use them....The Vera Bradley bag is nice though--I love her stuff...
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete