Monday, October 7, 2019

Jackys challenge


Remember this? 
My Fall table topper that was a Halloween challenge
One day Miss Jacky looked thru her magic mirror yelling romper bomper stomper boo
Magic mirror tell me today
Did all my friends have fun at play?

Ok no comments from the peanut gallery if you have no idea what I am talking about
Because YES I AM OLD
and my older friends will remember that childhood ditty
Ha ha

Anyway, she was on pinterest
(The new once upon a time story beginning  right?)
And clicked here and there and landed on a blog where they made this topper

2.5 squares and strips and 1.5 strips
Easy
Peasy and fun.

So in Jacky style she emails me "go here"

Carried away quilting blog. Halloween topper

And then says make it..
 ready...
 set...
 go

Mind you this is on a school night or work morning....so I grab my Fall colors out of my
Bin and sew up the 9. Four patches needed and answer her back.......patches done
I dont usually buy novelties except for Christmas so mine is Fall

She goes  my Halloween topper almost done.... see what I mean? The lil booger ha ha

So the competitor in me grabbed reds and greens and chain pieced 9 four patches and off to work i went....I wasnt going to tell her I upped the ante


I made this one too. My fall one just needs the border sewn on and i can quilt them up


This is hers
Tied and ready for the table






And her Christmas one.

Great minds think alike lol


Do you have a fun quilt buddy?
I do.
I am so lucky.
She challenges me like this a lot

After all
If quilting isn't fun, why do it????

You gonna make one?
Ready
Set
GO!!!!


3 comments:

  1. I kind of like to sew by myself. There are a lot of people that love to go on retreats. Me not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are a hoot!! (Danger---;000 quilty ladies ahead lol)
    Lovely toppers....
    A while back, I had made some 9 patches that came out all wonkified (no surprise there!!) and hate to throw them--so am saving all my boo-boos for some kind of quilt...another kind of challenge..ya think?
    hahaha hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you referring to Miss Jean from Romper Room??? I'm showing my age! You guys are a riot! I like the toppers. I have too much going on right now but maybe someday!!

    ReplyDelete