Sunday, October 6, 2019

Jacky and I won


Remember the quilt show?
Jacky Won a raffle basket
Yep she did
It was SO HEAVY
She will show you everything in it

Lots of books and fabrics and patterns 



Like this one


She already had this book
So that means I WIN TOO

SCORE!
Lynette Jensen
Love her colonial style and colors 
And that tree quilt in the cover has been on my list 

At the craft fair  I didnt take pictures

Lots of things knitted and crocheted which were beautiful but pricey. About 5 or 6 booths full. Loved the hats and arm warmers  but in my budget i cant justify a 35 to 40 investment for the set. Not when i um have a closet full of yarn myself right?

And I dont have any babies anymore to dress in those cute hats and dresses

And some vendors  were outside where it was 50 degrees out.

They had an older local band singing old songs which was cool

Lots of wooden things but pricey at 70 bucks just to hot glue silks on a crate

Hands were frozen until we went inside.

I bought a ghost cookie for .50
A small pumpkin bread in a ceramic bread tin
Fudge
Jewelry to wear for the wedding
Yeah, necklace and earrings for 5 bucks
A popcorn tin from the boyscouts
Yep the tin has deer and moose on it for brothers basket

A Dighton tee for me. I am originally  a Dightonian
And some local honey.

Jacky got a unicorn mood ring for a dollar for her granddaughter

I wish I had gone back for a neat bookmark. It was made of a thin slice of wood from an historic tree from the 1700s that was taken down for safety. The  Indians who were from the area planted it long long ago when they had an agreement with the settlers and it has been protected since then. It needed to be taken down as it was diseased and a danger and is sad but all things have a lifespan I guess. I wish i went back and got a bookmark. They were 7 bucks but so cool.and i think it came with a card explaining the history 

It was a good day but busy.
The fudge is gone
Pumpkin bread too was breakfast and snack last night

Yep I paid to get fatter!
The whole kaboodle of food was like 5 bucks total

Are you visiting area craft fairs?
Any Good buys?
One quilter was there and had beautiful stuff but again I can make with what I have at home so cant justify the purchase on my budget
I think i spent a total of 35 bucks which wasnt bad as it included lunch for us too




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day of it. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't go to craft shows - can make things myself. I no longer am vending as well. The spot reservation fees have gotten too high and I found more lookers than buyers over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sharon. Many of the things you can make or are outrageously priced. Many around here charge a $5 fee just to get in, or more.

    ReplyDelete