Thursday, July 1, 2021

Healthier lifestyle


A healthier me

Over the weekend hubs went to hospital again via ambulance 

Ughhhh he was unresponsive
And scared me
I didnt think he was coming home

They called at 3 am to pick him up.

Some long hard thoughts about health took place in my brain 

I have been trying to do better
No carbs
No sweets but i still crave
So sent for some help books

I will use all my current food before replacin with organic,grass fed etc.
My garden is organic but only herbs harvested at this time

Zuchinni has tons of flowers
No zuchinni ready yet
Sis in law has been supplying me with fresh kale
yum
I froze most of it for later

I added chia seeds to my oatmeal banana and cinnamon and have lost  5  lbs

If you find them no need to return.give to someone who needs them
More fresh veggies on my plate

I tried this keeper.....
Roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potato 
Then i added onion and some broccoli too
Iboiled down some balsamic vinegar till syrupy
drizzled it over roasted veggies
It was heavenly and delicious
Are you taking care of you?

 

4 comments:

  1. I am trying to eat better--lunches are difficult I find. We are going to try to have the bigger meal at noon and eat lighter at night--not being able to walk as much as I used to makes losing lbs harder though...
    that recipe sounds yummy...DH wouldn't eat it, but I sure would...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do our best to eat well but we are clearly not eating well enough. Excercise is also important but I don't do enough of that either. Hope your hubby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep right there with you. I had 2 weeks off while traveling and vising dad. Tomorrow back to the grind.

    ReplyDelete