Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Farmgirl





Beehive block for the farm quilt

We were picking wild blueberries as a family and my younger brother who was maybe 5 got stung by tons of bees

He must have disturbed a nest as in 2 minutes his eyes were slits

My Dad grabbed him in his arms and ran to the car to get him to the hospital asap

We were thankful he was ok and they sent him home with an epi pen for future stings

Poor kid

Not a good story on the farm but a memory non the less

I need to make the cherry block into blueberries too.

Did you make a farmgirl quilt?

I am loving the stories behind my blocks and will see where it will take this quilt

So fun .i need to get a journal for it too




 

3 comments:

  1. Your Beehive block is really neat--this Farmgirl quilt is coming along really well...
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely need a journal and to start writing so you have it ready when you are finished with your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my cousin and I had a run in with bees once, ouch. Nothing as serious as your brothers though.
    Your beehive block looks great.
    That's smart to keep your gift basket full.

    ReplyDelete