Thursday, July 29, 2021

Fun finds when shopping


The other day when I was shopping for some thick garden gloves i came across these fun items

Anyone else as a child remember candy cigarettes?
I didnt think they still made them

These were .50 a pack

Dont the smokers wish that were the price?

And those LARGE paper buttons



See? My hand for reference 

Large buttons

Oh the memories............

How many thought they were cool puffing on a fake cigarette 

We imitated people we knew that smoked
Never dreaming how bad for you it really is

Would you believe doctors used to tell people to smoke?
True fact 
Crazy isnt it?



 

3 comments:

  1. I was never a fan of the candy cigarettes but the buttons I liked. Did you have a store that sold penny candy nearby? When I was really young, my grandmother would give me a quarter to walk 3-4 blocks to the corner store and he had bins of penny candy. I could fill up a bag for a quarter. I love those little malt balls that had several in a pack, and tootsie rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love "penny candy" from a store near my Grand-mere's house--one of my faves was
    "Mary Jane's" and also the cream filled caramels...
    Ahhh nothing like a bit of candy to bring one's spirits up...
    Hugs from my heating pad Julierose ;000

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the candy cigarettes were the coolest when I was a kid. I didn't think they still made them either.

    ReplyDelete