Friday, July 23, 2021

Planning days on the farm


This is Lori Holts quilt
She uses 48 six inch blocks for this

I have i think 30 or 32 made so far


This is a must helping Gram make apple pie because company was coming


Or the kitty we had that the milkmans truck hit because he didnt see him


Watermelon to enjoy and watetmelon rind pickles later with the rinds
Nothing wasted on the farm
Yum

DAD had a farmall and an Alice Chalmer tractor.i dont remember a john deere but the colors can be changed

Our countrymusic roots
Singing to Dolly Partons coat ofmany colors into our hairbrush microphone






Crocheting with Gram under the hickory nut tree


Dads truck full of veggies headed to Chelsea market to go to local grocery stores


Picking strawberries at Aunty Arlenes and making strawberry rhubarb jam

Jody wants someone to please swat this darned bee lol




Wearing Grams aprons a must to keep flour off my clothes


So many more i need to do

Sis in law thinks the nieces will fight over
This quilt
My stepkids have no memories of the farm
But the nieces do because of Grampy

I may need to make 5 lap quilts but combine some 12 and 6 inch blocks to make each one

We will see
For now i will trod along making blocks and find some journals to record the stories

 

2 comments:

  1. These are really neat, Dawn--so many great memories of your younger days...;)))

    My paternal Grand-pere was a dairy farmer--but I don't recall many visits to his farm...I don't know why--maybe because I was afraid of him??For no good reason, I am sure--but I was really shy...
    Funny how some things stand out and others fade...that's why memory quilts are so wonderful...

    Now I recall my maternal Grand-pere and Grand-mere in detail--I spent a whole lot of my young days with them...it was a treat for me to stay overnight with them...Grand-mere was a super sewer and quilter...When Grand-pere babysat for me, my parents would come home to see him watching me sleep!! I miss them a lot still...
    Hugs julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you should throw in some large blocks. That is what I am doing when I work on my farmgirl quilt.

    ReplyDelete