Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Homemade gifts are the best



This santa was made by my mom
Before 1989
My brother still has it and puts it out every year
He is my bear brother
There was me the oldest
Then bear brother
Then sister
Then deer brother
Then baby brother 

My deer brother never married and owns the cabin in maine that he shares with bear brother and Dad.
The three of them live together as bear brother is divorced.he is Alicias dad the recently married niece

Anywho our Mom taught us to give of oneself 
We all have talents 
Some can sing
Some can craft
Some can cook
Some can play instruments
Or paint
If you use your talents and give from the heart you can never go wrong 

Bear brother over the years has made me birch bark candleholders
Bird feeders
Wreaths etc. I cherish every one
My Dad made my wishing well
My nieces have knitted scarves and sewn purses and woodburned decorations
I even have this one from when Kayla was 8.






She now has an 8 year old son
This is about 20 years old and i cherish it

When my brother in law passed away and we were cleaning his place out I was surprised to see a pillow my kids made him one Christmas.they had to be 8 or 10 and are in their 40s. How cool is that

I hope you use your talents in your gifting 
Remember....no one else can give what you give from the heart





3 comments: