Tuesday, May 31, 2022

The party was a success

 


I would do these again
Ham salad in a croissant
Yummy


Ham and cheese triple deckers


My bruschetta was so good
I could eat it for breakfast

Fresh tomatoes and basil onion and Garlic on a toasted garlic bread rubbed with fresh garlic
Oh my


Caramelized onion in phyllo tarts
Also yummy


Pineapple corn muffins


Unfortunately I didn't get many pictures
A couple didn't want to wear their hats
That's ok
One was a nun.   She is very reserved but had fun after a bit


A blurry pic as they didn't want one taken
The men were good sports and wore their hats
It started at 12:30 and they left at 5:30

We played LCR games and I had scratch tickets for prizes
Then everyone kept their hats and tea packets and another scratch ticket for souvenirs

They all hugged me and said they enjoyed the evening and food very much 

I was glad
They can't wait till pizza on the grill night

Things I learned.....
I don't need as much food
I sent them home with food and I still have leftovers galore
 my neighbors are so sweet and helpful
 ,
My menu was caramelized onion tarts, bruschetta, hotdogs in cocktail sauce, ham triple decker, ham salad croissants, pickles rolled in ham, chicken salad rollups, pineapple cornbread mini muffins, 
Baked beans, potato salad, broccoli chicken penne pasta

One lady brought watermelon, one brought brownies, one brought strawberry muffins, one brought ice cream bars

I went thru the history of the tea party that was  started my by Anna Marie a duchess of Bedford

No pinkies up, small items take at least 2 bites, no stirring tea you stir up and down and no noise,,, etc the rules

Then I said being if Portuguese decent Anna Maria DeJesus D'Souza Almeida of New Bedford was the one who was behind mine. Wear a fun hat, stir all you want, pinkies up or down, gulp slurp or whatever and have fun. They laughed and it broke the ice for a great day full of good food and fun


Of course behind the scenes......I could not get the wine cork out of the bottle to make my chicken sauce. I got some all over my shirt and smelled like a boozer.....I am sure that plus garlic bruschetta breath was a great combo right?

Anywho.....have fun, have a tea party
You won't regret it




4 comments:

  1. What a resounding success you had at your Tea Party...sounds like a lovely group...Boy, talk about yummy food--nice choices for everyone!! I certainly would have helped out with those leftovers--YUMMY!! Getting those corks out is always a problem!!
    (Add another star *******in your crown, Dawn)
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your party was a great success. Now that you know you don't need as much food the next party will be easier. And now you know your neighbors better too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a huge success! Reading your menu made my mouth water LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe sounds like an awesome party and your food sounds very yummy.

    ReplyDelete