Sunday, May 15, 2022

Gardening was on the agenda


This was bought


And I want onions
60 in here


Garlic too. I use it in everything


And 60 more onions


Gloves to work


Herbs for canned pickles


Kale soup in a package lol

Yum


More herbs


Parsley....where's sage Rosemary and thyme. All needed in the mix


Trying these this year too


And planting these for Mom in Heaven

Her fav flower 



So so pretty

My veggies are in containers and let me tell you I had a decent crop past years 

My secret is watering a little each night
Fertilizing with miracle grow a couple times in the season
Do you have a garden? These times make them more important than ever

Onion and garlic and spices are easy peasy and good flavor enhancers 

I need to find shell bean seeds or plants
Then the dried beans will keep for some nice soups

Tomatoes h ere I come lol

Notice the prices on the packets
4 for 1.00 found at my dollar store

Where can you buy dill for pickling for 25 cents

My niece is trying on making her own teas with lemon balm, marigold, lavender etc. 
A fun experiment for sure

Her mom is stretching her budget by foraging a bit

She gets watercress, dandelion greens, and wants the autumn olive that grows wild in her backyard for the fall

She has made stinging nettle and skunk cabbage is on the agenda ..best with purslane and wild onion and mustard

Another fun project
She said the nettle tastes like spinach

I bet you thought I was gonna say chicken lol

Have you tried foraging? What's good to eat in your area

She is looking into Pine nuts too


 

4 comments:

  1. I've never foraged as I don't know enough about safe wild plants--but it's super if you can!!
    I am on the lookout for some nice geraniums and marigolds--two that i just love...Your selection looks really great have fun hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been using false nettle for tea. I love red onions, my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a couple of big pots that I am going to throw some old potatoes into and see what happens. Did that a few years ago and had success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foraging is a good thing. Especially nowadays. I've been reading up on Foraging. There's many edible things that most folks think are weeds. 🌱 I think it's really cool your niece is making teas. 🍵 I like your seeds. I have some of those kind of seeds from dollar store too. I got moonflowers too. I grew them last year & they smell so good. I planted them under a rose of Sharon & it climbed up it. 🌿 Your gladiolus will be beautiful. They were my Dad's favorite flower too. ❤💟

    ReplyDelete