Monday, May 23, 2022

Memorial day tea


I made these dollar store fascinators for Memorial Day tea with some neighbors

They cost 6 bucks to make out of headband, 
A hat

Flowers and ribbon mesh
Do I look English? Lol


Here's a red version


And another

I had fun making them
They are easy to wear with the headband 
And I hope the 5 ladies I invited to tea will like them

I figured they like me will be alone and it will be fun to get together in my screenroom for lunch

My next project is making the 3 tier tray for fancy schmancy stuff
I bought at dollar store 3 plastic clear trays and some fluted wine cups with stems for the separators between tiers. I just need my e6000 glue to finish it

My menu is baked beans with bacon and onion
Cocktail hotdogs with BBQ sauce and grape jelly
Potato salad
Maybe some triple decker mini sandwiches like BLT
I want to make a fruit skewer flag if I can find thin skewers

And some pretty flower cupcakes

I need ideas for maybe a cute hor'derve
Any ideas ladies???

I figure I have been here 8 yrs and need to know my neighbors

They are all excited to come as I hand delivered invitations in my best British accent inviting them to high tea
I pray the weather is nice for us to enjoy each other's company with a game of LCR planned as well


Help me out with some finger food ideas
One lady is diabetic and I need to make sure I have maybe grilled veggies drizzled in balsamic reduction or something on the healthier side

Or a carrot apple salad Maybe?
A caprese may work too

Can you help a Portuguese "English" chick out???

There are 2 men also attending and that's the reason for more traditional Memorial Day food

Hoping it will be fun.i bought a few boxes of sampler teas.i will package up 3 and tie with a bow for favors 


Oh yeah.....iced tea on menu too
With honey and lemon to add if wanted



Wanna have tea with us?




 

5 comments:

  1. Oh you are my hero. What an excellent idea, and your fascinators are great. Make sure you cut the crusts off of your finger sammies. You can't go wrong with fresh veggies and dip (I know not very engligh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ☕🍡 πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸŽ‰ Your Memorial Day Tea Party sounds fun! πŸ‘’ Your hats are amazing. You are very creative & talented. You are so kind to invite your neighbors. I'm sure each of you will have great fun & fellowship! Enjoy! πŸ«–πŸŒž

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super Memorial idea for a picnic!! Love those fascinators--[ you've let your hair grow;)) ]

    Maybe something with strawberries and blueberries and whipped cream? Ye old red, white, blue theme.
    "Won't you be my neighbor?" Yah for Mr Rogers...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun time ahead. It is super sweet of you to entertain your neighbors on Memorial Day. Hope the weather cooperates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such a great time! I wish I lived closer. I love the fascinators!

    ReplyDelete