Monday, March 14, 2022

Trouble on the farm


Does this look like an upside down plant?
I thought the top fabric looked enough like roots but I don't like it


Even turned right side up it doesn't look right


Then I found this fabric

I may need to go back to the drawing board and remake this one

Why upside down ?
Funny you should ask

My Dad had bought a fancy pepper planter attachment to the tractor 
It was a 2 seater with baskets
You sat at the back of the tractor. Facing away from the tractor with the basket area in front of you filled with plants

Between the seats is a wheel
It grabs the plant as you place it the wheel goes around and it plants it

Simple right????
Um nope

Dad told brother and I how to put the plants in the wheel.

As we got down the row we saw roots sticking out of the 
ground instead of plants
They were upside down

We yelled to Dad to stop the tractor
He hadn't realized the wheel I guess goes the opposite way



Another day in the life on the farm


Any suggestions for this block????
 

4 comments:

  1. 🚜 🌱 Wow that's a neat story! My dad farmed & had planters like that & some plants ended up upside down as well! 🌝 My dad had an old old planter for sweet potato slips & cabbage slips & a "not as old but still old" planter for other vegetable plants. Some of the rows were so long we couldn't see the other end. It was pretty neat the way it planted the plants though! He had several vegetable fields. It was a lot of work but I'm so thankful i got to spend so much time with my Dad when he was still alive. I'm thankful I was raised like I was raised. 💫 Your block is neat. The fabric you found does look like roots! 🌱🍅🫑🌶

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh definitely keep the block in as a cute and funny memory of your planter's upside down plants--don't "fix" it!! It makes your memory quilt so personal...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story, and I like the new root fabric better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is a funny story. I agree with Julierose, I would change the block...it fits the story.

    ReplyDelete