Saturday, June 12, 2021

Wanna play?

[

My friend Julierose is playing in her scraps
The itty bitty pieces
The ones i would steal......um rescue from Jackys trash lol
She would get so mad and say i have all this fabric why you taking  trash pieces

I would say its a challenge to sew and because i can lol
Anyhow i sat and pulled bits and bobs outta my container sewing 2x2. Then 4x4 until i had large pieces 



Anything goes
Its scrappy........my happy place




Some skinny
Some fat
All playing nice 


I even used some of my 2.5 squares


Each block is different


Once i sewed a large piece i ironedand cut down to 9.5 inch blocks

The cutoffs start the next one
I am envisioning each block framed with white or gray to unify them and put them into a top

I can see the light at the bottom of the scrap
Container

So much fun. If you have say a lot of scraps in fall colors you could put mostly oranges and then make pumpkins for runners or table topppers

So many ideas.......in the meantime i will continue to sew them 


Wanna play??????
 

2 comments:

  1. I am in the middle of a real mess making those "funfetti" blocks...yikes scraps all over the place...;000
    It is fun though...and I figured out how to do triangles as funfetti...I have about 10 "starts" to work on today plus binding to make for my applique "The Cherry Thief"..
    Hugs hoping for rain...so dry!! Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good way to use up. I have a string container or 2-3 I will have to attack sometimes.

    ReplyDelete