Sunday, June 20, 2021

Busy around here


My herbs have been growing faster than i can keep up

I put mint in my lemonwater every day but the pot is overflowing 
So i am drying some
I air dry them on paper towels and turn them to get all sides
In about 2 or 3 weeks they will be dry enough to put in a jar


The basil is growing too so it also is drying
My sewing room smells so good ha ha
Its one of the few rooms i can lock Dunkin out of 



And rosemary too
I will need to get more of those little jars to keep them in

I used up all the basil from last year already
Even though its dried it still has more flavor than store bought
Its fresher
Do you grow herbs?
I didnt get all I wanted but will use what I have 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I grow basil and dry it (like you do) every year--it certainly does have a lot more taste than the store bought--which is outrageously expensive!!
    Hope your Sunday is a good one...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've heard some people freeze basil?? I think my mom has frozen it in the past. She makes pesto all winter from her basil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is very cool. I would forget then have a moldy, paper towel with some goo stuck to it.

    ReplyDelete