Monday, May 10, 2021

Trying to decide


This guy had to be in the center of things 
Cause of course he gets nooooo attention at all right?  Lol

Anywho i laid it out to see what i could see see see in the bottom of the deep blue sea sea sea....... oh sorry.....off on a tangent again
 Lol
I found blocks to add to the ends
I will make the borders first
Then cut the center
Funny huh Sharon since you gave me those string blocks and you dislike borders. Ha ha


And i found what are little dresdan like flowers in specific colors 

I am thinking they would be a cute border kinda mimicking the center
And pulling a multitude of colors from the string blocks


It needs a light background and of course the center is only enough for the center

But i like scrappy so will see how it goes
Maybe i will pull a yellow or gold

So far i like the idea and think it will be the size i want 
First things first.....gotta make the borders
Then cut the center and appluque the dresdan on

I have my work cut out but this is a creative project 

I decided that the reasons i flit from project to project are.........
1 i am an Aries.  DUH
2 i get bored easily
3 i have different time slots that i can sew....some before work....15 min here.....some at night
4 i need different tasks for different times...morning is when i am bright eyed and bushy tailed...after 2 i cant carry on intelligent conversation
5 some days i feel creative....some i feel like pedal to the metal. In creative days this project works. On pedal days i just wanna sew mindless

So now that i KNOW why i have UFOs.......i can keep a few different types going to satisfy those needs. Morning is cutting and prep and those difficult parterns as i am best brain-wise. Afternoon is pedal to medal. Weekend may be creative. 

When i fall outta love for a project i am trying to think who would like it. Then i can finish it with a purpose...ie Aunt Lindas birthday etc and move it along. i find i work best under pressure and with purpose. 

2020 was a reflective year  and even though it was crazy i am thankful to reflect on things and life and priorities

I think its made me better


 

5 comments:

  1. Oh poor neglected boys. I like the ideas for your dresden quilt. Makes sense. Maybe that is why I like paper piecing. Kind of mindless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan for that dresden piece--I am in the muddled midst of deciding what to do next...
    I had thought another applique, but now I am not sure...
    I do need to (STILL!!) finish up some stuff. My TAW tube came out all wonkified--so that is in a box-- put away...sigh!! More scraps I guess...
    Hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your ideas for border and maybe adding the Dresden flowers.
    I think 2020 was reflective too, I was reminded of what's really important and what's not.
    Also the runner in your previous post turned out good, and you have more fabric for another? Perfect gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea for the border! I love seeing what you're working on. You're full of ideas!

    ReplyDelete