Saturday, May 8, 2021

Did i find it




Did I find the mini dresdans?
Um no
Did i find other distractions?
Do bears........well you know

Remember the runner of the truck jelly roll with black?

Well there was so much left to the jelly roll so i thought hmmmm
How would it look in red accents?

For those of you thinking the same........

Now you know

You're welcome 

I love this pattern using the binding tool

It is in Jennys block book not sure of the edition at the moment
But cut one 8.5 square and 12...2.5 squares of the accent fab

Then the jelly roll gets folded so you have one and one reversed of the binding tool shape....cut 12 of each shape so 12 and 12 reversed

Sew one side to the large square,sew the opposite side with square on end 
I seperated them as i cut the 12 needed
12 and 12 reversed
Then grabbed one stack of the same kind and added the squares
Easy peasy no brain sewing
I did this in about 20 minutes after cutting most of the pieces

The fall colors go with the red but there isnt necessarily red in my jelly roll

I am seeing these in Christmas colors 
Or Halloween 
How cute would it be with words in the large center square and the prints in the strips to go
For example cat theme, dog theme, food or kitchen theme
A pretty sunflower fabric and greens and yellows 

Oh my.  I could be dangerous

If i had a quilt shop ......like my room doesnt hold as much....right......
I can envision these so many ways 

I may look at my leftover 2.5 strips in a different way
Seriously.......

What are you working on?




 

3 comments:

  1. Really great use of those jelly roll pieces--I began sewing strips for a Trip Around the World [seeing as travel is out the question for us now!!] in red, green and white...using jelly strips--but not Christmassy--rather I used a watermelon fabric in green and red for a Summertime look...I have the first panel sewn and will make the tube today...

    so many projects--so little time,,,s i g h

    {BUT--keeps us from stealing hubcaps hahaha;000 }

    Happy Mother's Day weekend.
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice use of scraps! I suppose we save them for something so we may as well use them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out very nice. You needed an embroidered center. :D

    ReplyDelete