Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Lightswitch blocks


Made a few more of these 
Have been busy with the garden and getting ready for Ruchs celebration of life for end of month

Son is having surgery
Daughter has to get up here and get hotel booked soon
Food needs to be planned
People never rsvp these days making planning more difficult than it has to be

But......I am trying to stay positive and busy


This is almost full
Hmmmm let's see how much we have


This layout uses most of them and is 8 bocks by 11 rows or 88 blocks 


I had probably another 30 or so in the jar

I found a few things
I have a lot with the same centers
Mostly darker centers than the outside
Mixing up the colors was harder than I thought for scrappy


I will try to make some with lighter centers to mix in


Tried this layout
I like the normalcy seam idea
We will see


What are you playing with or moving along?

 

6 comments:

  1. Your light switch blocks are continuing to grow!!
    Coming together so well--nice work hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🌻 Beautiful blocks!! 🌼🌞

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are looking really nice. I agree people do not rsvp as they should. I once cancelled hosting a bridal shower because one week prior to the event I had only heard from three people...the bride, her mother and sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are coming along. I am starting to assemble blocks for a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many blocks done! Looks great! I'm almost done making my Garlic Knot blocks. I need 100 total. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this project! The length is good, but I would add to the sides for a more useable size quilt.

    ReplyDelete