Monday, June 6, 2022

Around the yard


While planting my kale I saw this beauty

The bloom had just opened
Rich loved to see it through the kitchen window
There were always 3 flowers on it


I had bought gladiolas at the dollar store
I planted them not expecting much

Lookie.  . They are up
They were my mom's fav flower along with the pink lily


My roses are in bad shape and will need attention next year

But I was rewarded with this beautiful flower


My brother chopped my rose of Sharon way down
I thought it was dead but there are signs of life

It was over my house and flopping against it in storms so needed to be trimmed or taken out


These 2 are doing
 well

I try to water when I can


My sedum is massive this year
Love it as it overlooks my 2nd veggie area

I used to just have an area in back near grill

Now have an area up front near driveway too
My garden has tripled lol



My peony is just coming up
It's first year so not expecting much but excited to see it


Dunkin was glad when I retreated to the house after planting
He immediately plopped on my lap


Mom. Tell me more about the garden

I couldn't rest without him being close and pawing for attention 

The lettuces will be I think the last thing I need to do
They are small yet

Do you garden?
I do all containers for mine as we can't plant in the ground here
My squash in past years was phenomenal
Love summer squash and zuchinni

Had some last night made into pizza boats
Zuchinni sliced in half longway. Middle scooped out. Pasta sauce mozzarella and pepperoni put on with oregano and basil and baked
.the squash stays al dente and it's soooo good
I have some for dinner tonight
Not from my garden yet but soon

 

5 comments:

  1. I love making zucchini boats. Your container garden is going to be awesome. I have sedum the kids brought me after a landscape job last year. It sat in a tub all summer long until I finally planted it. It is coming up beautifully in a very shady area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made zucchini boats-they sound delish!!
    My peony is in bloom --they do take a while to get settled in before they "deign" to flower it seems.
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are looking good...going to be beautiful around your place this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your gardening work is paying off. My Sedums are huge this year too. I love them because they survive without being pampered. Rose of Sharon is one of the last to leaf out. It's always hard to tell if it is still alive or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 🌻🌼 Your garden & flowers are beautiful! It's a lot of work but very rewarding. You'll have squash before you know it! 🍅🫑

    ReplyDelete