Friday, September 3, 2021

Frankenbag fun


Remember those parts?
I joined them into a roughly 20x20 inch block

Then they say quilt the panels so that is next


The other side 
I am excited and love them 

Once quilted trim down to i want to say 17 or 18 square?

Then bottom 2 corners cut out 2.5 to 3 inch square
This will make bottom gusset 

You can put lining with pockets
A zipper placket in top
A loop and button closure 
Leave open as a tote

Handles
 can be reused from an old handbag
Or made and attached

All fun
All cute
All useful

My ufo block pile may start to dwindle
Just sayin

Wanna make one with me?

Sew up your squares  and quilt er up
Great for those leftover unused unloved pieces

As you can see you fill in with strips etc
I used leftover jellyroll strips
And checks out of my 2.5 and 1.5 squares
Whatever would fit
Look close at top picture
Remember the purple i ran out of for my woven block?
Its in there
A maple leaf start
In there
String row cleanup .....yep in there


The back has a pinetree strip that didnt match my project
A pair of sister twin blocks in zebra fab
And chunks and squares to fit

I will piece batting too and quilt these up
Then probably trim to 18x18 with 3 inch out of bottom corners

Sooo excited 

 

2 comments:

  1. You are definitely on a roll with this--great use for leftover blocks strips, etc. Have fun finishing. hugs, Julierose (TGIF kiddo);)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute. Would make a great gift for your infamous box.

    ReplyDelete