Saturday, January 9, 2021

Traffic jam

 



This quilt is traffic jam
It was a Pat Sloan project using 2.5 squares made into 4 patches
I did mine scrappy of course

See? This is how the internet gets me in trouble

I started this but it stalled....
Why you ask?
Well for one I wanted to make it bigger

Problem....thats ALL the navy fabric I have

Ok....plan two
Make a lap quilt
What color to place between blocks?
Do I go large contrast like white?
Lower contrast like a lighter blue or gray?

I want to move it outta the "not done" pile

I figure if I can move some lap quilts to the quilting stage maybe I can get a few in the giftbox 


And I love this one too 

It too was stalled
Julierose made one for I believe her son in law
So I had to start one
This is as far as I got
Its in a tin somewhere
And needs to be moved forward as well

I love it.of course I am partial to blues
By the looks I may have to fight Dunkin for it 
HA HA



5 comments:

  1. I would use gray on the Traffic Jam--or using the Traffic theme bright yellow(?)
    Neat projects...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contrasting color? Both projets are lovely, specially the chevron quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love blue to, made a blue and white quilt once

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the other neutral - red for the traffic jam. If you need more blues for the zig-zag, I have lots to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love Sharon or JulieRose's ideas either red or yellow.

    ReplyDelete