Friday, September 25, 2020

2020 is not fun

 2020 started with corona

My eye surgery didnt happen

Now they scheduled it again in proposed pandemic time

Who knows if it will happen or not


T hi s year i shelled out 2000 to fix my car, our plumber says we need a new toilet put in, our dryer died, and i am saving 3000 for eye surgery. Can it get better? Sure


We got a certified letter stating they are selling the park.  I googled the people who are buying it. They have all kinds of problems not solved and have complaints to better business bureau left and right

Do i want them as a landlord? No!

There is a meeting on sat with a company that helps residents own their communities. I am trying to let people know to show up. Some people dont want to do anything.  We need 51 percent of the park to sign a right of first refusal so we can stall the sale and check it out. Ugh

Now i may not have a place to live.  If the new owners say to move my house i cant in my state.no place to move it to. Its paid for. All my money is invested in it. 

If the new owners go way up on rent cause there is no rent control i cant afford it. The medical is already killing me.

My question is do you know anyone that bought their park as a community and are they glad they did? 

I think that every person at this park needs to check out what they have to say.but i know people don't like to get involved for fear of the unknown.

Lastly i ask you all to pray that we can get enough people interested in using our right of first refusal to buy time and see our options. I hate to not even be able to try. Q

5 comments:

  1. I don't know anyone who has done that. I do know around here are townhouse communities which are associations. I am not too sure what happens when someone passes away how it works. But I do know that people I know say they paid like $20,000 to get into it. They pay so much a month (less than apartment rent something like $1000 per month) but when they decide they don't want to live there anymore they are supposed to get money back, I am going to assume they are saying however much the value of the apartment and land has increased. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly Dawn--[if you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all!!] I hope you can get enough people who want to keep their spots in the trailer park to be able to stay there...it just doesn't seem fair...
    I don't know anyone who has done that...but perhaps there is a free help lawyers group that may be able to give you more info???
    Well, TGIF anyway hon...
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year has been awful and it's not getting any better. I know my brother's condo owner went backrupt. They're hoping someone buys them. He can't sell his condo with no services. I hope you can figure out a way to stay where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things work out for you. I don't have any experience with this, but like Julie suggested - see if there is free legal council.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry, Dawn. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best. 2020 is just awful. I can't wait for it to be over.

    ReplyDelete