Monday, January 24, 2022

Cold lazy but busy days


What cha doin Mom?


This big guy loves to snuggle and that's ok by me
He is such a 💘


We have been going thru family pictures and recipes and paperwork to still be done when someone passes
It's overwhelming at times
But can be rewarding too


I found this gem
Me and my brother that lives in Maine
Aka BEAR BROTHER lol
How cute were we?
I had the curl in the middle of my forehead 
When I was good I was very good but when I was bad I was horrid. As the saying goes  lol
Was I? Only my mom knows and she took that info to her grave many years ago. Ha ha

Love the old fashioned Christmas card made from the pic
Will gift it to brother to pass down to his girls 

I don't have biological children


Found recipes like Congo bars that we used to make all the time

Reminisced about Aunt Dolores' cheesecakes and moms fudge and cream cheese brownies and Tia Jo's succotash

A fun mind trip down memory lane

I will need to make some of these for old times sake

Do you have good family recipes that you remember? I had an uncle who made the most delicious linguicia sandwiches
Portuguese sausage but we think he put wine or something in the saute  
Even his daughter doesn't know
So he took that recipe and memory to his grave
Shame.......I want to share anything I make for future generations to make and remember me


 

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful stroll down memory lane--that is the cutest picture of you and Bear bro...enjoy
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super sweet photo to find. I'm sure your brothers kids will love to have it one day. My family never used 'recipes' per se. I saw a meme the other day that fit us perfectly. It said, "Southerners don't measure seasonings. We just sprinkle and shake till the spirits of our ancestors whisper...Stop, my child." LOL
    My mother-in-law kept a few recipes (she wasn't a southerner) and we cherish those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo of you and your brother. Favorite recipes. I know a lot of work, but make recipe books for your nieces, I am sure they would appreciate it. My grandmother who taught me to make lemon meringue pie, she used to make this coffee cake, I wish I had got the recipe from her. Her cookbook has several. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 😺 What a cool photo of your Bear brother & you! 🐻 I really like photos. Awesome photo of Dunks & you as well. 🐈‍⬛ He looks so cozy & his eyes are very sweet looking!🌻 I enjoy reading recipes. Each time I go to thrift stores, I look for sewing/crafting supplies & church cookbooks or county extension cookbooks, etc. 📚 Surprisingly, I've found several lately at the local thrift store for 50 cents each. They are such fun to read through at night. It's neat to see the different recipes that different states have in them. I really like the 1970s & 80s cookbooks. I'd love to have one from a church in each state one day! 📒Your family recipes sound very yummy. 🍰 🥣 Take care. 💜

    ReplyDelete