Monday, August 2, 2021

Woven but not?



This fabric I only had a tiny piece
Would it work for my farmgirl boot?

YES I LOVE IT 

this boot represents our country music upbringing
Listening to Dolly and Porter
Loretta and Conway
Back when there were duets

And singing coat of many colors into our hairbrush microphones

Fun memory

At the time the jackson 5 were popular and my Dad used to kid  us saying that his 5 kids should start a group and make him rich 

I as the oldest and the thinker of the group said Dad only one problem
.......
We cant sing!!!!! He cracked up

But in our minds we were singing on the stage and beltin em out

Did you have a hairbrush microphone when you were a kid? 

 

3 comments:

  1. Love that Country Western boot you made--another great memory. My cuousin Jeannette and I used to sing to my collection of 45's (remember those?) ["Wake up little Susie, wake up little Susie"--Everyly bros.] we knew all the words and would sing over and over driving my poor Mom crazee!!
    What fun years...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sibs to share that kind of fun with unfortunately, by the time they came along I was a teenager. Sigh. Great memories for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice boot!!! They sure don't make music like they used to.

    ReplyDelete