Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Skaters away....slide glide and sway


Here is my ice skating block

We had a pond that we could walk to from our house and we would skate till we saw my Dads truck coming around the corner

Then we would skate as fast as we could thru the woods across from our house to beat him home

9 times out of 10 he would be standing in the driveway watching us walk with our skates across the dirt road

We were told in firm voice how fed up he was of sharpening our skates

Fun times
No time to take off skates when you are racing a truck lol

 


3 comments:

  1. Yet another lovely block, Dawn--this is going to be a fantastic quilt...nice work. hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK the fact you can walk on ice skates to me is amazing. The few times I tried to ice skate was horrendous. (Weak ankles is my excuse). :D

    ReplyDelete