Monday, March 15, 2021

Tea caddy


Remember this? Hst cutoffs from another project 
I sewed them into a 10x20 piece and quilted it in the ditch




You can hardly see but it is quilted


Then cut a lining 10 x 20
And pockets at 3x5.
Fold the pockets to 3x2.5

Place evenly on liner all facing up same way
Leaving space at sides and top and bottom and away from center fold 



Stitch around 3 sides with fold edge at top
A decorative stitch would be perfect hwre but i just sewed 1/8 in raw edges showing

Voila.......pockets for your tea

Next i will be adding a small handle in the center of each end then binding to finish

A cute little tea bag holder to hang
Handy to have a variety of them out

I made 8 pockets with my size
If you want 12 make it wider and longer

Makes a cute gift of ufo blocks 

Easy sewing too
Now to find purple or gold for handles and binding

Do you know any tea drinkers???
I can think of all kinds of ideas

Red cross blocks holding bandaids

Cute winter print holding hot chocolate with bigger pockets of course

Or oatmeal packets
Or candy for diabetics

Are you gonna make one?

 

5 comments:

  1. Very innovative teabag caddy, Dawn;)) Nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to make a lot of tea wallets, maybe again now that we are slowly getting 'out'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Most of my people are coffee drinkers. Maybe this would hold the Keurig pods?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your tea bag holder. I’m a tea drinker and I do not like coffee. A friend made me a tea wallet with several little pockets in it so it holds tea bags and packets of Splenda. I carry it in my purse. I’ve never had a business not want to give me a cup of hot water to make my cup. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a neat idea. Or little ones for sugar packets.

    ReplyDelete