Saturday, March 20, 2021

Moving along


Worked on 2 more blocks for this quilt

They are cut at 9 inches
Nonchalant easy peasy stressless sewing
Last row made wide for cutting
Thinking maybe 4 x 6 blocks
Gotta work the math

The quilt in my head from years ago had a huge border around the center blocks that was appliqued with scrappy flowers

The bottom 2 are the latest blocks 
Needing some yellows and blues in the next ones i think 



And the 1.5 
Bin is overflowing so moved this one along a little
I dont have too many solids so will peruse and see if i can scrounge up some at the bottom of the bins
Thinking some yellow and mint green and maybe reds would work

I just love how scraps reflect a quilters personality 
Some quilters are a modern mix of gray and oranges
Some like me have vintage fabrics that i love
Still others are kaffe or tula kinda peeps
Its all good


Are you moving ufos closer to your to be quilted pile?

 

4 comments:

  1. I finally finished those 176 Geese!! Now for the top and bottom borders to be layered and quilted (doing QAYGon these)...That's the only project I am working on right now...
    Very pretty squares--I love that one--so neat!!
    I sorted my 2.5" charms into colors and am re-organizing my room...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is moving here. Why is it having a healthy lifestyle is so much work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these scrappy projects! I'm getting my backing ready for the Scrap Pineapple quilt. I'm also sewing down the binding on the baby quilt. Keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cabins. I wish I had some solids to share - I passed on my tote to a guild member to help out with her charity quilt.

    ReplyDelete