Sunday, March 28, 2021

Lots a little squares


This quilt i am loving to use all those 1.5 squares
But
As usual I did not plan
I guess i am a quilt on the fly type of gal



I decided on 5x5 squares
But......
That means i need to pay attention
(I just hate that)

See the block on the left?
The corners are the solids

The block on the right?
The prints 

Yeah......i like to go to the school of hard knocks

If i had done 4x4 blocks i could just turn the block to make it work in the layout

But then my blocks would be 4 inches
And would take more of them

Should have made 8 inch blocks

Oh well.......
Its still fun sewing them up between peojects

Just wanted to warn you
In case you have a postage stamp quilt in your future

Quilting all those seams?
Havent thought that far ahead








 

 

5 comments:

  1. Those seams are sure pesky!! Those blocks are so pretty...
    Sashings can help that problem a lot...but they do change the final look...
    Hope your Sunday is a good one...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody is in the same 'school'. We all make mistakes, yep. Some people remember to roll with the 'punches' and gracefully figure a way to make the mistake into something that works.
    Isn't that what a lot of quilting is all about? Yep. That's how I talk to myself, a lot.
    I like your blocks, good progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blocks and I think they'll work fine together. You're still working from your scraps and UFO's. You're doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those seams! I'm confident you'll find a way around them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But wouldn't you want the block that way so the solids were set opposite a block with a print when you put the two blocks together?

    ReplyDelete