Sunday, February 28, 2021

Hardest post to write


As some of you know i have a quilt buddy Jackie
Last June she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
Here we are in happier times talking quilting


And taking a roadtrip to the fabric store


She tried to keep me restrained from overbuying


As we loaded the cart to the brim
LOL


We sewed outside in the summer in the screenroom
Or inside working on our Lori Holt farmgirl quilt


When a friend Colette came to visit we hammed it up at Elvis's place



We inspired each other with our projects


I am so thankful we were sewing buddies
We had lots of good times
And heard each others husband bashing so we could move on with our day


I got the dreaded call just a few minutes ago from her husband that she passed this morning

Part of me is glad she is now with the Lord and not suffering any.more

Selfish part of me is sad and wanting my buddy back

Rest in peace Jackie
And you better save me a seat in the big sewing room in Heaven
Love ya girl and miss you


 

3 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry to hear about her...she was such a sweetheart...we will all miss her, too...
    take care, dawn hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. My deepest condolescence and a huge hug. I have a bit of Jackie in my 'uglies' swap - will cherish even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, Dawn. I'm so sorry to read this. I know how close you and Jackie were and always admired the friendship. (We never could get her to write a blog though!) I'm sending you BIG hugs and praying for you and all of Jackie's friends and family. May God provide comfort and peace to all who knew her.

    ReplyDelete