Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Checkerboard star


Remember this squirrel? Yeah. Rocky
Lol
Well i kinda had a run in with him
But technically this is finishing ufos

I have about 10 to 15 9patches sewn of 1.5 squares
Then it dawned on me
This pattern uses that unit in it

0

Thwirs is a cross mine is scrappy but hey 
So i checked out the other dimensions
2.5 squares....got em
2 inch squares..them too
I just had to cut the green and red pieces and sew on the squares. Then sew the block like a 9 patch
In no time this was done
I see more in my future
Yep i am seeing stars and i like em


Aint she purty?


I did the colors opposite here

Question of the day

Should I make each star color different or try to keep the red and green theme?


 

2 comments:

  1. I like that red/green theme a lot--such a pretty star...nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that pattern. Very pretty block. Looks like you could do a variety of colors.

    ReplyDelete