Friday, February 26, 2021

Gods creativity is awesome


Look closely  at  this  picture 
It is the ice pattern on my windshield one cold morning
Feathers
I am thankful for all the beauty God creates around me
Isnt this fun? 


This was the pattern on my car
A swirly design that looks like someone painted my car



I could not stop looking at it
So beautiful and inspiring


Saw this HUGE egg when I got hubs prescription 
No i didnt buy it. But i would have had a ball painting it for decoration



This batik became the back of my brothers placemat pillows


Yeah THESE
the fox
Oh my if you ever see placemats you would like as a pillow
GRAB THEM
these were 1.99 each.I got a set of two foxes 
And with fabric from the stash that has the colors in it I made 2 envelope pillow covers for 12x16 inch pillow forms
Easy peasy and i love them!
My brother will too for his woodsy cabin in Maine 
I had gotten the pillow forms one time half off at joanns

Now wish i had bought a bunch

I cut my backs 11 x the width of the placemat. Mine was about 13x18 which left a generous half inch seam allowance when sewing
I finished one edge on each back, overlapped them right sides down and stitched away. Literally a 5 minute project

Great gifts ladies
Keep your eyes open for cute placemats at the stores
I cant wait to make my Fall pumpkin and leaves ones
****update mine are done too ****

My goal is to have seasonal pillows but with only a few forms
I can store the other pillow envelopes flat to save space 

Quilted pillow ideas will follow
I always wanted yellow finches and there is a pattern for a pieced bird i can use
A huge snowflake block would look cool

A blue churndash to go with my couch
Oh the possibilities




 

3 comments:

  1. I have a Christmas pillow someone gave me and they enclosed the form. SO, I made envelope new and different style/color ones to switch it up but still keep that pretty pillow in use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea--when (and if) I ever get out to any stores I will keep my eyes open for some. the Fox is so cute--nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ideas! The crystals are so pretty. You should try to quilt it!

    ReplyDelete