Sunday, August 21, 2022

Tomatoes done



On Friday my friends and I lucked out

Because they are taking 2 weeks off they had a ton of stuff

Imagine 6 ears corn for a dollar
Tomatoes 5 in bag for a dollar

I bought I think 3 bags of tomatoes and my friends got some too

Then my friend spent the afternoon with me learning how to can

Found am Amush recipe for stewed tomatoes in waterbath and made 3 jars

The rest of the tomatoes were just tomatoes






So fun

We had some music on and were just having a good time



These were some of the tomatoes we started with

Aren't they beautiful?

Now they are ready for summer tasting all winter

We will split the bounty 3 ways so we each get a jar of stewed tomato and 2 just tomatoes

My brother in Maine asked if I want more veggies when my other brother comes up

Of course I do!!!!

Next up some stuffed peppers will be frozen for future meals

Smells good in here lol

Are you prepping for winter?







 

3 comments:

  1. WOW--nice job on that canning fest!! I miss doing that with my family...imagine mid-Winter in a snowstorm and opening that jar of tomatoes--yuuummm!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the canning. I wish I lived close by and could learn how to can from you. I make stuffed peppers...we haven't had them in a while and I've never frozen them. Can you share your process for freezing them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got so much done! You'll love eating all these great veggies during the winter.

    ReplyDelete