Thursday, December 23, 2021

Christmas this year


I decided to open some gifts that I received in the mail


This beautiful topper was received from Rosemary of the knitting quilter

WOW it's gorgeous Rosemary
I LOVE IT
 And some knitted slippers
Such a beautiful and thoughtful gift 
Thank you thank you thank  you



Then Julierose sent me some packages all labeled  for fun


You made me cry
I was looking for another of these panels and you found one
 My heart is full
Thank you so much Julue
You made me happy more than you'll ever know


The red truck!
You ladies know me so well

And some cute ornaments for my tree



Some fabric to play with next year
And a beautiful Christmas scarf

Thank you Barbara  of wonttobequilter


And Colette of whataboutreema sent this
A beautiful bag with the red truck on it
Some um quilting snacks in chocolate
And red truck notes

What? I am not eating chocolate for breakfast
Nope
Nothing in my mouth.......... it's in my belly lol

Thank you so much for your very special gifts

I love and appreciate each and every one of you

My special quilting  friends

You make quilting more fun

Love and hugs and kisses from me
Hope you all have a fabulous Christmas 

I tell you my son and daughter in law have been a godsend
We almost have everything all wrapped up as far as transfers and canceled cards and all that after death stuff
I go back to work next Wed and Thurs so that's ok
Dunkin and I will find a new normal 

It is very quiet and lonely
It feels like Rich is in the hospital or something  again

Still a few things to deal with
Waiting on ashes and funeral home for death certificates etc
I got some jewelry to hold ashes for daughter, granddaughter and me
And a cross for son

We will have a celebration of life at sister in laws house
My brother already said the truck drivers want to be there
Us gals will cook and make some of his favorite foods
And I guarantee there will be some Budweiser toasts to him 
Or blackberry brandy shots

Those were his favorites 
It will be Jan 15 so if you are inclined 
Say a prayer
Drink a toast
To a man who I will forever love and miss

Thanks






 

5 comments:

  1. I am happy that the presents brought you some joy during this tough time....I will be drinking a toast on the 15th right along with you and yours to celebrate Rich's life. Hold on tight to your good memories as they will surely warm your aching heart...hugs and prayers Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you had received my package. I hope it made you smile. I made those slippers for you since you liked the baby booties so much! I hope they keep you warm! I will be having a toast on the 15th. Thinking of you and sending my love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice of your blog readers to send gifts to you. Quilters/knitters/crafters are some of the most caring, thoughtful & loving folks. Chocolate for breakfast is yummy. It's yummy anytime of day. I will be thinking of you on the 15th. Richs favorite foods and some toasts to celebrate his life with loved ones will be comforting.Take care & know you are loved. ๐Ÿงต๐Ÿชก๐Ÿˆ

    ReplyDelete
  4. You received some very nice and thoughtful gifts. I've marked my calendar for Jan. 15th and will have you in my thoughts, sending up a special prayer for your peace and comfort. Big Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete