Thursday, October 13, 2022

Two two buckle my shoes


Two more leaf blocks for my Aboretum quilt


So fun to pair up fabrics


I can't wait to have enough blocks
To really play with the layout

I think I may be close to halfway

Maybe........
For now will just keep making blocks 

I will later need to press and trim them but for now the process is calming


So much work to be done here
I have been busy with new friends going out and making dinners that I haven't sewn much

But it keeps me sane and not alone
I love my new friends

They are gonna help me scrape and paint my steps for the winter 

Labor is so expensive IF you can even find someone to do the job

So I will be learning all kinds of things I think
Self sufficiency I guess

Do you have other hidden talents?
I may need your advice
Just sayin

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is great to hear that you and your new friends will be helping each other out. ;)))
    Loving the new trees--so pretty...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social time definitely takes away sewing time but I think it is really important now for you. It is hard to adjust after a sudden departure of your best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ๐Ÿชก๐Ÿงต Sewing is very calming ~ just plain sewing with no measuring, no math etc. ๐ŸŒ Sewing is fun. I need to definitely do more of it. ๐Ÿ‘’ Your blocks are looking good. I really like the one with black & white tree. The purplely blue fabric is gorgeous. ๐ŸŒผ I'm glad your neighbor friends are gonna help with your steps. I've heard of folks putting sand in the paint for traction on steps. Our porch & mobile home both need lots of work. A little at a time is how were doing it. You're correct about supplies being expensive & finding anyone reasonable priced to help is basically non-existent. Each time I think of something else the house needs, I add it to my list. Occasionally things do get crossed off. ๐ŸŒ Hope you have a good day. ๐ŸŒป Hey Dunks. ๐Ÿฑ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss having time to sew. I need to finish up some charity quilts before I move. I am hiring someone to fix my porch, put up a railing, seal the valleys on my roof, paint, and fix the siding on my garage. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new blocks. I look forward to when you start playing with the layout. Happy to hear you and your new friends are enjoying time together.

    ReplyDelete