Monday, January 9, 2023

Moms quilt


I found this beauty while putting away Christmas

A quilt my mom made
She has been gone since 1989 and this was about 5 or so years before that


Sunbonnet sue and sam

One niece wants it
She never met my mom but as a 2 year old would say to us Grammy says she loves me


I think she feels a conection to her

How cute are the blocks


Callicos from way back





Love the gingham too




She will have it cleaned as there are spots of an unknown origin to see if they can get out

A blast from the past 
And a niece that warms my heart

 

5 comments:

  1. What a precious quilt and that will be one lucky niece to have it. You are so sweet to give it to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful memory quilt--sunbonnet sue and Sam are precious in those calicos--
    Great that it will stay in the family....
    hugs, Juierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute quilt. The hanky in Sam's back pocket is too cute. Your niece will enjoy your mom's quilt!💜💛🌝

    ReplyDelete